Stay Healthy at Home
If you, your child, or a member of your family is sick, it can be difficult and inconvenient to leave home and go to a doctor’s office. With Hunter Health you can save a trip and skip the waiting room with a telehealth visit.
Scheduling a telehealth appointment at Hunter Health means you will connect with a provider for a video or telephone visit, all from the comfort of your own home.
Telehealth can be used for:
- Sick visits
- Routine care for controlled medical conditions, like hypertension or diabetes
- Regular physicals, prescription refills and screenings
- Behavioral health
Schedule an in-person appointment for:
- Dental visits
- Possibly life-threatening symptoms such as severe abdominal pain, chest pain, and shortness of breath (these conditions require calling 9-1-1)
- Unstable medical problems that require close monitoring, like uncontrolled hypertension
- Pain management or controlled substances
You can request a telephone and video visit with your provider the same way you would schedule a regular in-person appointment. Call us at 316-262-2415.
Things to know before scheduling a telehealth appointment:
- Your provider may request that you come into one of our clinics for lab work either before or after your appointment.
- Your provider will text or email you a link to your video call. Click the link a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Make sure you’re in a quiet place so you and your provider can hear each other
- Charge your phone before your appointment
- Remind people that live with you that you have an appointment, and ask them not to interrupt
- Try to be in a place with reliable Wi-Fi or cell service
- Make sure you’re on time, either by clicking the video link a few minutes before your appointment or by being ready to answer your phone when your provider calls